CASE STUDY: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Nationally Managed Customer
About First Capital Quebec
First Capital Realty is a well-established urban location
provider and one of Canada’s largest owners, developers
and managers of grocery anchored, retail-focused urban
properties where people live and shop for everyday life.
The Company currently owns interests in 161 properties,
totaling approximately 25 million square feet of gross
First Capital Realty Québec was experiencing difficulties managing their waste
and recycling services across the property portfolio. Dealing with multiple waste/recycling vendors was inefficient and time consuming. Site operators were managing service issues on a daily basis with frequent delays in resolving issues, sustainability reporting was inconsistent and First Capital Realty Québec experienced multiple rate increases without notice from their vendors.
First Capital Realty Québec recognized that a partnership with RecycleSmart was the smart move. They are now easily managing their waste and recycling services with one point of contact, IOT container monitoring technology and easy access to sustainability reporting with the RecycleSmart Customer Portal.
How We Helped
- Implemented a full “Smart Waste” program with IOT sensors on both containers and compactors
- Reduced costs by negotiating new rates with vendors and ensuring service expectations clearly specified
- Consolidated hundreds of monthly invoices into a single invoice per site
- Provided one customer service contact for all site operators plus smartphone app to streamline service requests
- Installed IOT container sensors to track fill levels and track hauler service events
- Successfully reduced collections using IOT data to right size service based on site requirements
- Reduced operational expenses by 12% immediately with further reductions planned for the future
- One customer service contact for all sites with 3 hour response to all service issues